MBA General Management/Accelerated Checklist
All concentration information effective for students admitted Fall 2014 or after. Revised February 2014
Anderson's graduate programs provides students the flexibility to design a part- or full-time program customized to their career and educational goals and lifestyle. The school has the distinction of being the only business school in the greater Albuquerque area, and one of only two schools in the entire state, to be accredited by AACSB.
The Accelerated MBA consists of 37 credit hours: 31 credit hours of core coursework and 6 hours of management electives. Management electives consist of any 501+ level MGMT coursework or 400 level courses noted with an asterisk (*), which denotes graduate credit available. Students may select courses from any of the 11 concentrations Anderson offers at the graduate level.
Students who pursue the Accelerated MBA option should also meet with the Anderson Career Development Facilitator to ensure course selection meets career goals. An internship is strongly recommended for students who pursue this option: MGMT 697 Internship (Permission required-see Career Services Office).
For a list of courses offered, please review the graduate concentration sheets at https://mba.mgt.unm.edu/concentrations/default.asp
MBA, International Management in Latin America
"I originally decided to pursue an MBA because I wanted to switch careers and break into Management Consulting at one of the large firms. I wanted to stay in Albuquerque for my studies and Anderson is of course the best in not only Albuquerque, but also New Mexico. I found that the main strength of the MBA program at Anderson was that they provided the ability for you to gain an opportunity to try out your ideas and you will get out of the MBA experience at Anderson what you put in. All the opportunities are there for you; you just need to do the work in getting it done."
General Management Faculty Advisors
- Jacqueline Hood
- Creative Enterprise Endowed Professor
- Phone: (505) 277-7279
- Office: ASM 2122
- More Information & Office Hours »
- Bio: Jackie Hood is the Chair of the Organizational Studies Department and Creative Enterprise Endowed Professor at the Anderson School of Management. Dr. Hood has written numerous articles for management, entrepreneurship, and psychology journals and has presented a number of papers at academic conferences. Her current research areas include adult attachment, bullying in the workplace, management of diversity, and networking and social capital. In addition to her academic research and teaching, Dr. Hood has served as an organizational behavior and organizational development consultant to a variety of international organizations. Her consulting activities have included top management team building, executive coaching, facilitating strategic management initiatives, mediating conflict situations, and management training for executives. Dr. Hood's teaching includes classes in Organizational Behavior and Diversity, Leadership, Power and Influence, Team Dynamics, and other topics related to the management of people in organizations.
Graduate Programs Advisor
- Erick Rodriguez
- Sr Academic Advisor
- Phone: (505) 277-3290
- Office: Anderson Advisement Center
- WWW: http://mba.mgt.unm.edu
- About Erick: Originally from Caracas, Venezuela, Erick lived most of the time at the East Coast until he moved to NM. He earned his bachelor's degree in International Business and MBA from The Richard Stockton College of NJ. Erick worked previously with New Jersey's welfare programs and recipients of it. He loves traveling, food and music.