Evening MBA for Professionals
The Master of Business Administration is one of the most sought-after degrees across every industry. Its flexibility and cross-disciplinary courses in business allow graduates to learn and build knowledge on leadership, organizational structures, accounting, finance, strategy – and everything in between.
The MBA for Professionals is an innovative and unique degree program designed for current and future leaders to make impactful and transformational change in one of eight offered tracks – Health Care, Education, Film and Digital Media, Finance, General Management, Marketing, Operations, and Sport Management.
One of the goals of the Evening MBA for Professionals program is to bring together like-minded individuals hoping to make a difference in our New Mexico community.
Coaching from industry professionals is integral to this program. The coaches will provide guidance and mentorship, helping students connect the business curriculum with their career goals in each professional track.
- 32 Average Age
- 57% Underrepresented Minorities
- 29% Women
(Fall 2022 entering data)
We understand that many of us live very busy lives. We’ve taken that into consideration and created a program that is structured for the busy professional.
Learning, knowledge, and ideas shared through a combination of on-campus and online classroom experiences enhance your educational experience.
Courses Offered in Evening
The evening course schedule provides students the opportunity to maintain full time employment while attending graduate school. Students attend courses after 5pm one time per week for each course during the semester.
Professional coaching is an added benefit only available to students in the MBA for Professional program. We have engaged a team of highly experienced and successful business professionals to serve as coaches to help support students in their professional and career development.
What do coaches do? Coaches can help students:
- Get more connected with industry professionals to build your network
- Achieve the goals for career and professional success that inspired you to seek your MBA
- Explore your strengths and develop as a leader
- Navigate a career transition
- Understand how what you are learning in the classroom fits in with your current or future career
The Evening MBA for Professionals program is a part-time, evening program designed for working professionals with one or more years of work experience. Students will be able to progress through the program at their own pace, typically taking one or two courses per term. Students can complete their 43-credit hour program in as little as 18 months. Most students completing the program part-time will take between two and three years to complete the program. Students interested in completing the program in 18 months should be pursuing the program full time (four courses each semester, two courses in summer).
The Evening MBA for Professionals offers the following tracks, Health Care, Education, Film and Digital Media, Finance, General Management, Marketing, Operations, or Sport Management, that provides you with the interdisciplinary delivery of courses in business and your industry.
Core MBA coursework (31 credits)
- MGMT 700* - Perspectives on Management and Careers (1st semester course)
- MGMT 701 - Data Driven Decision Making
- MGMT 702 - Financial Accounting & Analysis
- MGMT 704 - Managerial Economics
- MGMT 706 - Managing People in Organizations
- MGMT 708 – Business and Society
- MGMT 711 – Technology, Commercialization, & Global Environment
- MGMT 720 – Operations Design and Decision Making
- MGMT 722 – Managerial Marketing
- MGMT 726 – Financial Decision Making (Prerequisites: MGMT 701 and 702)
- MGMT 798 – The Strategic Management Process (Prerequisites: 704, 706, 720, 722, 726, 700, 601. Pre- or corequisite: 708 and 711.)
- MGMT 601 – MBA Knowledge Exam
Elective Credit Hours
12 Credits of Electives in Health Care, Education, Finance, Film and Digital Media, General Management, Marketing, Operations, or Sport Management.
Health Care Track Courses
- Public Health and Health Care Management
- Health Systems and Globalization
- Health Policy, Politics and Social Equity
- Public Health and Health Care Communication
- Health Care Systems
Education Track Courses
Track 1: K-12 Licensure
- Provides eligibility for Administrative Licensure with NMPED
- Education Leadership
- Education Law
- Practicum (independent research project)
Track 2: Training & Development
- Education Leadership
- Education Law
- Adult Learning
- Instructional Design
Film and Digital Arts Track
Film and Digital Arts Track Courses
- Graduate Production Project (required)
- Topics in Film and Digital Media (required)
- The Business and Law of Film and New Media
- Topics in Production
- Topics in Film History
- Alfred Hitchcock
Finance Track Courses
- Investment Management
- Applications in Business Finance
- Analysis of the Financial Systems
- Seminar in Management of Financial Institutions
- Applied Investment Management
General Management Track
General Management Track Courses
Elective courses offered in these areas:
- Management Information Systems
- Management of Technology
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resources
Marketing Track Courses
- Buyer Behavior
- Research for Marketing Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Development (special topics course)
- Marketing Analytics
- Competitive Analysis
Operations Management Track
Operations Management Track Courses
- Service Operations
- Operations Special Topics Course (MGMT 794- TBD)
- Operations Special Topics Course (MGMT 794- TBD)
- Analysis Tools for Managers (online, 8-week format)
- Supply Chain Models and Strategy (online, 8-week format)
Sport Management Track
Sport Management Track Courses
- Intro to Sport Administration
- Leadership in Sport
- Sport Marketing and Promotions
- Risk Management in Sport
- Legal Aspects of Sport
2+2 Evening MBA for Professionals
The 2+2 Evening MBA for Professionals program offers early admission to new graduates who plan to work for two years following undergraduate degree conferral, then return and complete the Evening MBA for Professionals after the two years of professional work experience. The Evening MBA for Professionals program offers eight tracks including health care, education, film and digital arts, finance, general management, marketing, operations and sport management. Courses are held in person on UNM’s main campus in Albuquerque on weekday evenings.
2+2 MBA Timeline
Fall of Senior Year
- Consider your career paths
- Explore graduate school
- Come learn about the Anderson School
Spring of Senior Year
- Take the GMAT (the cost is cut in half if you do this as an undergraduate student
- Apply to the 2+2 MBA for Professionals
- Confirm your seat
- Earn undergraduate degree
2 Years of Work
- Attend networking events at the Anderson School
- Get on-the-job experience that will be critical for the MBA classroom
Year 1 at Anderson
- Experience Case Method Learning in Core Curriculum
- Utilize Career Resources
Year 2 at Anderson
- Begin Elective Curriculum
- Discover your Future Graduate!
For a complete application, please submit all required materials. The Evening MBA for Professionals degree is for early career individuals with at least 1-2 years of professional degree full time work experience.
The online application includes these required uploaded documents: statement of intent, resume, and unofficial transcripts from all degree-awarding institutions.
Please write an essay (approximately 500 words) explaining your reasons for seeking an advanced degree in business, as well as your personal qualities and experience that will benefit your professional colleagues in the program. Include any noteworthy achievements or additional information you wish to share with the Admission Committee. Your statement of purpose can be uploaded with your online application.
Please submit a current résumé detailing your work experience, management experience, and areas of responsibility. Your resume will be uploaded with your online application.
The Anderson Evening MBA for Professionals program accepts either the GMAT or GRE.
- Institution code for the GMAT is 4845.
- For the GRE, select UNM as a Designated Score Recipient.
Applicants may apply for an Entrance Exam Waiver. View the waiver requirements and application process.
Applicants are required to submit official transcripts through Business CAS from all non-UNM institutions attended. International applicants will be required to submit official transcripts in native language and in English. Review the requirements for Domestic and Foreign transcripts.
Optional submission: Applicants may submit unofficial transcripts. We can make admission decisions with unofficial transcripts. If you are required to submit official transcripts in paper form, you may submit unofficial transcripts to receive an earlier admission decision.